We're the best at what we do
University Health Science Center San Antonio
PILLAR and the University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio (UTHSCSA) have
joined forces to provide integrated care and to develop bidirectional linkages into appropriate
care and treatment for HIV/HCV, substance use disorder (SUD) and mental health issues, and to
prevent overdose and re-infection due to SUD by working collaboratively to increase capacity in
the following areas.
1. Linkage of clients of who screen positive for SUDS into SUD treatment.
2. Linkage of clients in SUD and mental health treatment who test or are identified as living
with HIV and HCV and who are out of care to the clinical site for treatment.
3. Provision of interventions to prevent overdose and re-infection.
4. Provision of referrals to community education programs, including those which address
the benefits of access to medication-assisted treatment (MAT)
5. Conduct community education programs on the benefits of access to MAT
Interested in learning more?